To improve the quality of life for people with disabilities or disadvantages. This is accomplished through education, training and placement in gainful employment.
- Goodwill Industries of Northeast Texas employs over 250 people with 74% having a disability or disadvantage.
- Goodwill Industries of Northeast Texas provides job training and placement to over 900 people annually.
- Goodwill Industries of Northeast Texas serves 16 counties in Northeast Texas.
- Goodwill Industries of Northeast Texas works to improve the quality of life for individuals served by educating, training, and helping to find work in order to gain independence.
- Goodwill Industries of Northeast Texas helps people overcome employment barriers.
- Goodwill Industries of Northeast Texas is the recognized leader in helping individuals develop work and life skills, and assist in finding and maintaining jobs.
- Job Placement: This service helps the individuals to find employment in a competitive labor market in an integrated work setting that meets the individual’s employment goal and employment conditions by using the individual’s unique strengths, interests, abilities, and capabilities.
- Work Experience: This service is used to provide individuals with experience in a “real work” environment involving industries that are consistent with the individual’s strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, interests, and informed choice.
- Supported Employment Services: This services places individuals with the most significant disabilities in a competitive job and then provides training and support directly related to the job.
- Job Coaching: This service provides more training and support than the training and supported provided by the employer to assist individuals with learning and performing job tasks successfully.
- Vocational Adjustment Training (VAT): This service provides help to an individual to learn and adjust to the daily workplace routine. The service allows an individual to develop the competencies and essential skills necessary to function successfully on the job and in the community.
- Environmental Work Assessment (EWA): This service focuses on the individual’s responses to the variables in a work environment rather than on how the individual performs the job.