As one of the world’s largest manufacturers of electronic products, Dell has joined together with one of the oldest and most respected non-profit organizations, Goodwill Industries®, to create Dell Reconnect. This exciting program makes getting rid of old technology easy and free. Simply pack your old computer equipment into the car with other household donations and drop it off at a participating Goodwill® location where the trained staff will inspect each item and determine whether to reuse, refurbish, or recycle it.
Reuse means that a device or its components are in good working order and can be resold in a Goodwill store after it is cleaned and tested by technicians. Refurbish means that a device is in need of an upgrade or repair before resale. Whatever parts cannot be reused or refurbished will be broken down securely and recycled responsibly so that their valuable materials can be reprocessed to make new products.
All proceeds go directly to Goodwill so your donations not only keep used electronics out of landfills and provide families the ability to buy great computer products at an affordable price, but every donation helps someone in your community with disabilities or disadvantages receive work and life skills through this Dell-sponsored program.
Dell Reconnect accepts any brand of computer equipment, in any condition, at over 2,000 Goodwill locations throughout the United States. Some items may require extra preparation before you bring them in so remember to remove your personal data from hard drives or other storage media before donating to Goodwill. To find a location near you or participate in the program please visit Goodwill North Texas Dell Reconnect.
1.) Program is free to consumers
2.) Program accepts any brand of computer equipment in any condition
3.) Responsible and safe recycling
4.) Diverts e-waste from landfills.
5.) Offered at over 2,000 locations throughout the Unites States.
6.) Donations help communities by offering affordable used computer electronics to families in need and provide job training and opportunities for individuals with disabilities or disadvantages.
- Dell Reconnect, a partnership with Dell and Goodwill, is a free drop-off recycling program where consumers can responsibly recycle any brand of unwanted computers or other computer equipment in any condition.
- The Dell Reconnect recycling program accepts any brand of computer equipment in any condition at participating Goodwill locations and your donation may be tax deductible. Just remember to remove your personal data from hard drives or other storage media before donating to Goodwill.
- More than 324 million pounds of computer electronics have been responsibly recycled through Goodwill since the partnership with Dell started in Texas in 2004. That’s the equivalent of more than 45 million Inspiron™ laptops – one for every person in the state of California.
- The Dell Reconnect program is a win-win-win for all involved. It benefits the environment, the community and consumers.
- With the help of programs like Dell Reconnect, Dell has recycled more than 1 billion pounds of unwanted equipment globally.
- The growing success of Dell Reconnect will not only encourage consumers to dispose of their computer and electronic equipment responsibly, but it will also motivate other companies to adopt responsible electronic recycling measures for the good of the planet.
Learn more about this program at Goodwill North Texas Dell Reconnect